- Design and Distribution Obligations
- What is a Target Market Determination (TMD)?
- Key Obligations
- DomaCom Product Disclosure Statement
- Target Market Determinations
Design and Distribution Obligations (DDO)
On 5 October 2021, the Design and Distribution Obligations (DDO) come into effect for all issuers and distributors of financial products (fund managers and advisers)that are covered by DDO. DomaCom is currently working through our obligations as an issuer and retail distributor, as well as how we will work with financial advisers to meet these new requirements, the details of which will be updated here as they occur.
The DDO regulations require issuers and distributors of financial products to adopt a consumer focussed approach to the design and distribution of their products to help consumers assess the appropriateness of the products in light of their personal circumstances and needs. This is called a Target Market Determination (TMD).
What is a Target Market Determination (TMD)?
As a product issuer DomaCom has created a TMD for each of our products and investment options under our Design and Distribution Obligations that;
- Describes the target market and outlines the likely financial circumstances, financial objectives and needs of potential investors for who the product/s may be suitable.
- Establishes any conditions or restrictions on the recommendation or sale of the product and/or investment options, such as Advisers Accreditation, appropriate ASIC licensing and AFSL approval.
- Establishes reporting regimes for advisers (distributors) in particular complaints and any transactions inconsistent with the Target Market Determination.