At the intersection of Racecourse and Epsom Roads Flemington lies ONLY Flemington, a unique completed development with expansive views of Melbourne and an uninterrupted vista over the iconic Flemington Racecourse.
In conjunction with development company Caydon Property Group, DomaCom offer titled apartments for syndication as a strategy investment in the DomaCom Fund, a fractional property investment Fund.
As a strategy, investors will have diversification across a minimum of two apartments, possibly more as the syndicate grows.ensuring continuity of income in the event one apartment is without a tenant for a period.
ONLY Flemington is 22 floors of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments of which DomaCom are initially offering 1 x 1 bedroom and 1 x 2 bedroom apartments to syndicate. We have an allocation of up to 20 apartments. Each investor will have exposure to all the apartments taken up by the DomaCom Fund.
ONLY Flemington is approximately 4 kms from the CBD and features an impressive list of residential inclusions; an extravagant pool and sundeck on the 19th floor, a resident and guest dining and lounge area, quiet green pockets for retreat and relaxation, a well appointed gym and barbeques and seating areas.
Quality tenant secured
Under an agreement with Quest Apartment Hotels who will operate as the managing tenant for the building on a 5+5+5 year basis investors can expect a rental return of 5% gross with capital growth in the vicinity of 4%.
1. No vacancy periods – Quest is the tenant
2. No letting fees
3. Quest will pay:
OC 1 – Tenant (quest) pays 70.28% of the administration fund fees
OC 2 – Tenant (Quest) pays 4.47% of the administration fund fees
4. Built in annual market rent reviews
Caydon Property Group
If you would like to invest in the ONLY Flemington development, you can join this crowdfunding campaign by completing the application and lodging your investment funds through this General Advice page. Please ensure that you first read the DomaCom Fund’s Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). For a copy of the current PDS, please click here or call your financial adviser.
When you have lodged your bid and the campaign is filled, you will also receive a Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement (SPDS) outlining the specific offer to invest in the ONLY Flemington development which will contain all the information required for you to make a decision. You are not bound to proceed with your bid amount for this ONLY Flemington development crowdfunding campaign until you accept the offer contained in the SPDS (which will include the specific details for the properties).
If you are new to DomaCom, click on the Apply button to begin your application. If you are an existing DomaCom Fund investor, you can log in to access your account and all the other public crowdfunding campaigns by clicking the Investor Login button.
Risks for Property Sub-Funds
Refer to Section 7 of the Risk section of the PDS for an explanation of the risks involved in an investment in the DomaCom Fund and the general risks associated with property markets.
Specific risks of this investment:
• Property not acquired – If there is insufficient investor interest the property will not be acquired however Investors with an Active Bid will all be proportionately liable for the Campaign Costs. A list of approximate campaign costs is set out below.
• Value changes – The value of an Investor’s investment will go up and down in accordance with the value of the Underlying Property. There is no guarantee that the value of the investment will increase, and it may in fact decline in value.
• No guarantee – Returns are not guaranteed, and Investors may lose some or all of their capital. The nature of this investment is to expect an appreciation in the value of the units, with little to no income to be paid to investors during the term of the investment. There is no guarantee that this expectation will be fulfilled.
•Past performance – While this area in which the underlying property is based has experienced capital growth in the land value in the past, this is no indication it will increase in value in the future.
• Liquidity risk – An Investor cannot withdraw from the Sub-Fund until the Sub-Fund is terminated, and the Underlying Property is sold. DomaCom does intend to offer a facility through which Investors can seek to sell their Units to another party, however there is no guarantee of this.
• Damage or loss – There are a range of events that can damage the Underlying Property including acts of God (fire, flood, earth quake and other natural disasters) through to accidents, negligence, and failures of maintenance. While insurances will be in place it may not cover or may not fully cover such losses.
• Insufficient income – The costs associated with Underlying Property may exceed its income, however if there is a shortfall Investors will be given an opportunity to subscribe for additional Units in the Sub-Fund to meet those expenses pro rata to their Unit holding in the Sub-Fund. Investors who don’t subscribe for further units will have their investment in the Sub-Fund diluted.
• Vacancy risk – a property manager will be appointed to manager the property and secure tenants to tenant the property and derive income from the underlying property. If tenants are not secured there is a risk that the property will not generate the income that has been budgeted for. If this were to occur the investors may be required to raise further funds to offset the expenses of running the property.
• Unexpected property event – The risk that the Underlying Property may be negatively impacted due to a property specific event, for example, a change could occur to local zoning rules, development of competing and other events that were not anticipated at the time of acquisition.
• Economic risk – There is a risk that the general economic conditions in Australia may change in relation to interest rates, employment rate and economic growth that could in turn have an impact on the Property market and specifically the value of the Underlying Property.
Fees and Costs
Refer to section 13 of the PDS for Fees and Other Costs
The Management Fees for managing your investment
- Cash held in your Cash Account 0.22% p.a.
- Property Sub-Fund 0.88% p.a. of the Gross Asset value of your investment
- Loan Sub-Fund 0.44% p.a. of the Gross Asset value of your investment
Set out in the table below is illustration of the campaign costs that are likely to be incurred. An Investor who participates in a Campaign and has had an Active Bid which fails to result in the formation of a Sub-Fund will be liable (in a proportion that is equal to the amount of their bid divided by the sum of all Active Bids at the time the Campaign costs were incurred) for the Campaign costs incurred by DomaCom. The investors will be only liable for Campaign costs and Acquisition costs that are set out below if the Sub-Fund was not created, as these costs have been incurred prior to the acquisition of the property.
The settlement costs set out below are only incurred and payable if the Sub-Fund is created and the property acquired.
If the Sub-Fund is established, these costs will be deducted from the Sub-Fund and only those investors that accept the SPDS will incur the on boarding costs – Campaign, Acquisition and Settlement costs.
The costs below are an example of the campaign costs, the actual costs may differ and will be set out in the SPDS.
|Contract review and title search||$500-$1000+GST|
|Building inspection and pest report||$500-$1500+GST|
|Property valuation report||$500-$5,000+GST|
The following costs will be incurred, whether or not the property is purchased.
|Legal costs (if contracts require further amendments||$2,000-$2,500+GST|
Below is an estimate of the following Settlement costs if the purchase is successful and a Sub-Fund is created. These costs will only be incurred if the Property is purchased and will be paid from the capital raised on the acceptance of the SPDS.
|Estimated Settlement Costs||Estimates|
|Conveyancing costs||$1000 – $2,500+GST|
|Stamp Duty||Varies based on state and Property Value|